"Saving one dog may not change the world... But surely, for that one dog... The world will change forever." – Unknown
Adopting a dog or cat from Mexico or the Caribbean has never been easier. CANDi facilitates adoption programs through our Humane Partners. They have dogs and cats available in all shapes, sizes, colors, ages, and energy levels - all fully vetted and ready to go to their forever homes.
Dogs and cats currently available can be viewed on the websites of our Humane Partners.
If you are travelling to the area where one of our Humane Partners is located and decide that one of these dogs or cats would be the perfect addition to your family, bringing it home with you is easy. Just follow these steps.
- Check your airline's policy on travelling with an animal. If you cannot take a dog or cat on your flight, CANDi will help you make alternative arrangements. (If you are flying specifically to adopt a pet, check airline policies before you book your flight.)
- Be sure to register your pet with the airline at least 24 hours prior to your flight departure.
- A CANDi volunteer will make sure your new pet has the necessary documentation, including a health certificate signed by a vet and dated within 10 days of your departure.
- You will need an airline-safe kennel or carry-on to transport your dog or cat. These are available for sale at Costco and other large retailers in the area.
- A CANDi volunteer will bring your dog or cat to the airport three hours before your flight departure and help you through your check-in process.
- If you are returning to Canada or the United States, there is no quarantine. You can pick up your dog or cat at baggage claim and take it right to its new home.